Queen Kong, Drama Kings and Desperate Housemen. Films by Antonia Baehr, Pauline Boudry, Renate Lorenz, Stefan Pente, William Wheeler & Arantxa Martinez.
During make up we offer you two filmnights. In the first we will attempt to further unravel the artistic fabric around Antonia Baehr and Werner Hirsch. Baehr, Hirsch and friends envelop themselves in drag and in so doing express their desire to please themselves and the audience. Housewives, folkloristic dancers, drag queens and kings are all to be seen and challenge the accepted gender structures.
After Talk with Marie Vermeiren van Elles Tournent.
Program:– Erika in Amerika, Antonia Baehr, DE , 1999, 10’
– Die Damen von Prosopopöie, Antonia Baehr, DE, 1994, 17”
– Charming for the revolution, Pauline Boudry & Renate Lorenz, DE , 2009, 11’
– Sometimes you fight for the world, Pauline Boudry & Renate Lorenz, DE, 04, 5’
– Nadia in September, Stefan Pente & William Wheeler, DE, 2003–2009, 33’
– The Making of Queen Kong, William Wheeler, DE, 2002, 10’